VPMIA members are committed to providing code development leadership and continuous training that results in uniform application of the codes. We look for opportunities to partner with all who are impacted and strive to develop and deliver codes and standards that result in health, safety, and welfare protection for the public.
Virginia Plumbing and Mechanical Inspectors Association is a association of code professionals dedicated to promotion of uniform enforcement and development of the codes throughout the Commonwealth to assure health, safety, and welfare of its citizens and anyone who may live, work, or visit the state of Virginia. The pursuit of this endeavor is achieved through close, open, and equal working relationships with design professionals, builders, contractors, material manufacturers and others involved in the construction industry.
VPMIA’s strategic plan is to advance our mission through training in order to promote better understanding of the benefits and efficiency of using model codes. The association promotes teamwork, while embracing fairness and respect to all involved parties, always maintaining open communications in every aspect to those who participate in the process.
GOAL # 1
Enhance and increase communications of VPMIA with the public
• Actively promote a positive image of code enforcement’s role in the community.
• Advertisements in trade, industry, Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development, and community publications.
• Commitment to code development to achieve the superior level of health, safety, and welfare for our citizens.
GOAL # 2
Increase and expand education
• Encourage increased participation from all interested parties who interact with any and all aspects of code enforcement.
• Increase awareness of the educational benefits of the association.
• Promote credentialing programs provided by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
GOAL # 3
Uphold the highest levels of professionalism
• Instill and promote leadership values.
• Always display integrity.
• Adherence to code of ethics.
• Share knowledge at all levels.
• Maintain and promote certifications.
• Respect others.
GOAL # 4
Promote relationships with industry and related professional organizations
• Participate in the code development process.
• Encourage cooperative working relationships with construction industry professionals.
• Become involved as active or associate members to other professional organizations such as Virginia Building Code Officials
Association, International Code Council, International Association of Electrical Inspectors, and Plumbing and Mechanical Professionals of Virginia.
• Solicit speakers and provide speakers for these organizations to enhance communication.
• Continue to actively participate in Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development towards uniform application
and development of the model building codes and standards.
GOAL # 5
Broaden and expand VPMIA Membership
• Develop information package of the organization benefits.
• Provide more member services.
• Develop a more wide spread advertisement program for membership and associate members.
GOAL # 6
Continue leadership and participation in code development process
• Enhance and develop strategies for participation in International Code Council Code developmental process.
• Encourage participation on state and national committees.
• Provide financial support towards member participation in these activities.
GOAL # 7
Promote the adoption of the International Code Council family of model codes
• Provide analysis and impact of benefits for industry, where necessary.
• Provide training for code enforcement officials and industry.
• Interact with Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development to provide uniform enforcement of model codes.
GOAL # 8
Ensuring financial viability of VPMIA
• Align financial resources to organizational outcomes.
• Achieve goal objectives.
• Operate within budgeted plan.